cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Pmatson
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I'm having problems with my laptop since the BIOS update. How do i remove it?

HP Recommended
HP 15-f010wm Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

BIOS update installed 10-26-16 & computer has been running slow since it updated. Today, Excel suddenly gave error message that excel had ceased to work & was shutting down. Now, it opens, gives the error message & shuts down. I cannot access my files. I have tried repairing Excel, same problem. Reloade Excel, same problem.  Nothing else has been done to the computer so it has to have something to do with the BIOS update. Is there a way to remove the update?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
ShinyCMM
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Good luck, my word was doing the same thing on Saturday evening. Laptop booted up just fine Sunday, went to my sisters. Pulled out my laptop and had the lovely blue death screen. Attempted to do a back up, said it performed it even shows the drive with a text file will all my music, pictures, and documents but they are no where to be found. Currently been working to get it up and running and programs reinstalled since 2pm Sunday and it is now 12:30 am Monday morning and setting at 20% install on Windows 10,yeah it revered back to 8.1.. Before anything happens to your laptop make a jump drive with your files. I have most of my pictures, but all the files I have added the last week are gone. Thank gosh for hard copies, I now once this is done get to input them all again, provided I can get my MO 2015 back. Currently it will only let me have 365 for mobile devices, yeah on a laptop...
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation