Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gums2 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm locked out, resetting my Microsoft account didn't work

LOT32UA#ABA
I did a system reset on my laptop and now I'm locked out.I've reset my Microsoft account password many times and that's not working, it's still telling me you can't sign in to your device right now. Go to account.live.com to fix the problem,or try the last password you used on this device. I have tried resetting the password and it just keeps telling me it's not right....please help
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Teacher
Teacher
121 121 4 13
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

A reset is provided by the microsoft , you can run a recovery provided by hp and it will drive your computer to day 1 condition .

run a recovery : steps to run a recovery

•  power down the note book 
  • as soon as you hit the power button , keep tapping the esc key on the top left corner until a new window opens up(the start up menu ) 
  • choose the option f11 and choose the option trouble shooting, and run the option called recovery

Note: recovery  will cause all the data to be lost on your computer and makes the computer to go back to day 1 condition 

0 Kudos
Gums2 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. Just tried that it didn't work.
0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
8386 8242 666 3018
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Gums2

It depends on what kind of reset you performed re. Windows.

Was it full recovery which includes formatting the HDD data  or  it was like system refresh that keeps your personal data ?

Please, clarify.

If it was full reset that looses data and erased everything, you should have no accounts pre-set now. In this case I recommend you try to setup a local account and login to the computer with local account. Eventually, once you are in Windows logged in, ensure active Internet connection and migrate the local account to Microsoft account.

If this was not full reset, its recommended that you perform full reset or HP recovery that will erase everything. Eventually, as mentioned above - login to the computer with local account and then migrate to the MS account.

Here is how to perform recovery >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00006110

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

**** Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
Gums2 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ran a recovery, it worked thanks im in my Computer now.
0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
8386 8242 666 3018
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Gums2

You are most welcome !

**** Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation