Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (3,910 Views)

I need SATA drivers for HP Pavilion dv5 1060eo Entertaiment Laptop

Hi, according to following post http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/SATA-drivers-to-XP-solution-on-0x0000007... I should ask for SATA drivers to be able to install Windows on my laptop (HP Pavilion dv5 1060eo Entertaiment Laptop). I think that the chipset vendor is AMD. So please send me the drivers quickly via email (at the moment my laptop is useless cause of this!!!!!).

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 5 (3,908 Views)

Re: I need SATA drivers for HP Pavilion dv5 1060eo Entertaiment Laptop

Actually even better and most welcome would be Windows XP/Vista or 7 operating system disc with the drivers. I think that would be a reasonable compensation for the effort!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (3,905 Views)

Not to mention that there's no sense that I have to ask for the drivers. If some one produces and some one sells this kind of a incompatible software/hardware it is obvious that the drivers should at least be available so that I don't have to ask for those..

Provost
Message 4 of 5 (3,896 Views)

[ Edited ]

Check your models driver page. Vista & Windows 7 drivers are all posted:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3767369&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us...»

XP drivers are in the 'sticky' post at top of this forum titled General XP Downgrade Guide. Part 3 covers your model:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/General-XP-Downgrade-Guide-for-HP-Laptop...

Btw, the XP Guide is put together by members,as a service to other members.. since this model is not supported by HP to run XP.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
Tutor
Message 5 of 5 (3,473 Views)

Re: I need SATA drivers for HP Pavilion dv5 1010us Laptop

Could you also advise me regarding an eSATA driver issue? I have W7 x64 installed on my DV5-1010us and my eSATA port is working fine for one external HDD.  However, the present driver apparently does not support the Port Multiplier function on the external SATA port. When I insert a second HDD in the dock only one drive is recognized.

Is there an updated driver that supports eSATA Port Replication available for my laptop?

Thank you so much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation