Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
haapakanni Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need SATA drivers for HP Pavilion dv5 1060eo Entertaiment Laptop

Hi, according to following post http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/SATA-drivers-to-XP-solution-on-0x0000007... I should ask for SATA drivers to be able to install Windows on my laptop (HP Pavilion dv5 1060eo Entertaiment Laptop). I think that the chipset vendor is AMD. So please send me the drivers quickly via email (at the moment my laptop is useless cause of this!!!!!).

4 REPLIES
haapakanni Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually even better and most welcome would be Windows XP/Vista or 7 operating system disc with the drivers. I think that would be a reasonable compensation for the effort!

0 Kudos
haapakanni Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not to mention that there's no sense that I have to ask for the drivers. If some one produces and some one sells this kind of a incompatible software/hardware it is obvious that the drivers should at least be available so that I don't have to ask for those..

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
43572 3218 13456
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check your models driver page. Vista & Windows 7 drivers are all posted:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3767369&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us...»

XP drivers are in the 'sticky' post at top of this forum titled General XP Downgrade Guide. Part 3 covers your model:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/General-XP-Downgrade-Guide-for-HP-Laptop...

Btw, the XP Guide is put together by members,as a service to other members.. since this model is not supported by HP to run XP.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***
Lard Tutor
Tutor
11 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could you also advise me regarding an eSATA driver issue? I have W7 x64 installed on my DV5-1010us and my eSATA port is working fine for one external HDD.  However, the present driver apparently does not support the Port Multiplier function on the external SATA port. When I insert a second HDD in the dock only one drive is recognized.

Is there an updated driver that supports eSATA Port Replication available for my laptop?

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation