cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Suzien Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need software and hard drive info to update hp office jet printer for MacOS operating system 10.12

Hp officejet 4500
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I am having problems with my printer saying not coneected to computer however it is connected. I see my operating system that is the newest is not listed with Hp. How can I get hard drive info needed to download the latest update version MacOs 10.12. This version is not an option now when I open software and hard drive section to download driver.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Retired
Retired
18,208 17,730 1,286 1,939
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need software and hard drive info to update hp office jet printer for MacOS operating system 10.12

Hey there! @Suzien, Welcome to HP forums

I understand that your printer is not listed and you need the printer driver for OSX 10.12.

For most USB printers, all you have to do is update your software and then connect the printer to your Mac. If necessary, OS X automatically detects the printer and downloads any necessary software. For other printers, you may have to complete a few steps to add the printer.

Update your software: Choose Apple menu > App Store, click Updates, then install any software updates listed. Even if no updates appear, this ensures that OS X has the latest information about printer software it can download from Apple. If you don’t do this, you may see a message that software isn’t available when you connect your printer.

Prepare your printer: Use the instructions that came with your printer to unpack the printer, install ink or toner, and add paper. Turn on the printer and make sure it’s not displaying any errors.

Connect your printer: Connect the USB cable to your Mac. If you see a message prompting you to download new software, make sure to download and install it.

Please download and install HP print drivers 5.0 from apple website using this link.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Suzien Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you for your reply. Sometimes when I go to print it says looking for printer however my printer is installed. Then if I play with the settings sometimes I get it to print and sometimes I dont. The gal at apple told me to go into hp and see if I have to update the driver but when I open software/driver link I do not see my version which is 10.12. I did what you said about application and checked updates but it said all udates installed so that was fine. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Suzien, thanks for the response.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

Did you update the apple print driver to 5.0 from my previous post?

Please refer the list of HP compatible printers working with OSX 10.12 using this link.

Also, Refer this article to know how to add the printer using apple update.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Suzien Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok I just downloaded the link 5.0 you sent me so hopefully all will be fine. Did I need to do anything after that? it just said download complete. Should I just try printing as needed and see if that worked? I appreciate your help! 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Suzien, Thanks for the reply.

Once after the package download, Please install the.DMG  file.

Once the patch gets installed add the printer by referring to my previous post.

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Suzien Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how do I install the DMG file? where do I find the link?

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Suzien Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

if I install printer again should I delete the printer that is installed now which is the one I will be installing.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Suzien, thanks for the reply.

As you mentioned you downloaded 5.0 apple print driver on your MAC.

Check the download location you should have the.DMG file click on the patch it should extract the files and install the package.

Hope this answers your query! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation