cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mack54
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need to replace my intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 wifi card- What model am i allowed to upgrade?

hp pavilion dv7-6c60us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need to upgrade my wifi card from the intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030.  I checked the manual and it says a cards i can use, but then i see that card won't work on hp.  Can someone please tell me the exact card I can use that is an upgrade from the 1030 as all that wifi card has done is give me issues.  My laptop is a hp pavilion dv7-6c60us.  The OS is windows 7 64bit.  This whitelist crap makes everything a pain in the butt!!! 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 19
Level 19
78,826 78,725 9,704 20,985
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need to replace my intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 wifi card- What model am i allowed to upgrade?

Hi,

Your machine was built before second half of 2014 therefore the chance to upgrade wireless card is very slim to none. There is a list on pp 6 and 7 of the following manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03099448.pdf

You can use USB wireless adapter, this will cost you one USB port

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/c/technology/networking/wireless-usb-adapters

(Note: much cheaper from other countries).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Mack54
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the info.  One of the cards listed that works with the intel processor is a intel Centrino Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 WLAN module.  Can you tell me if this will actually work on my computer???  From what I have seen online people have had all kinds of issues with card listed in the manual that still don't work.  I just don't want to waste time ordering something that isn't going to work on my computer.  Again I am not going to replace it with the exact same wifi card listed because it has caused me all kinds of connection issues.  So if you can let me know if you are 100% sure that the intel Centrino Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 WLAN module  will work that would be great.

0 Kudos
Level 19
Level 19
78,826 78,725 9,704 20,985
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mack54 wrote:

.... From what I have seen online people have had all kinds of issues with card listed in the manual that still don't work. ....

Hi,

That's true, on the list won't guaranty it would work.  You can use USB wireless card as an option.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation