cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Octavio555 Top Student
Top Student
9 6 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I restore my pc and the touch screen stop working.

Envy m7 n109dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A graphics update fail but a bios update was succesful, then the touchscreen stop working, I try evrything on the forums but didn't work. I did a reset pc but doesn't work either.

Any help?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Retired
Retired
6,182 5,326 349 627
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Octavio555,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand that you are having an issue with the Touch Screen, and wanted to assist you!

I see that you tried updating the BIOS, and Graphics Driver.  Did you start to have the issue after upgrading to Windows 10?  First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Octavio555 Top Student
Top Student
9 6 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem start after a failed  graphics driver updating, the thing was that I didn't realize the problem after i update the bios. The other issue is that i can't perform a forced reset on my notebook, I did all the steps but at the end it goes straight to the sign-in screen.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
6,182 5,326 349 627
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Octavio555,

Thank you for the quick reply!

What were the results from the document mentioned in my previous post?  

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
Octavio555 Top Student
Top Student
9 6 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm stuck because  i can't perform a forced reset on my notebook, I did all the steps but at the end it goes straight to the sign-in screen. Is there another way to do a hard reset?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
6,182 5,326 349 627
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Octavio555,

Are you referring to Step 9, during the Hard Reset instructions?  That step indicates, that if the notebook goes to the Startup Menu after pressing the Power Button, to select to Start Windows Normally.  If the Startup Menu does not appear, after pressing the Power Button, and Windows start normally on its own, that is fine.  Check to see if the Touch Screen issue is resolved.  If not, continue on to the next troubleshooting steps.  I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Octavio555 Top Student
Top Student
9 6 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did a hard reset as you said, and in the windows update step nothing came up, didn't work. The line "HID-compliant touch screen" in "Human Interface Devices" was still missing, so I made a hard reset again, restored the bios, installed the HP Recovery Manager Update SP 74123 ,  and made a Windows Recovery Enviroment, I installed all the Windows updates and the updates in the HP Support Assistant and it didn't work.The line "HID-compliant touch screen" in "Human Interface Devices" is still missing.  

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
6,182 5,326 349 627
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Octavio555,

Try downloading and installing the BIOS and Graphics Drivers directly from the HP site.  You can find drivers for your product here: Drivers - HP ENVY Notebook - m7-n109dx (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)

If you are still having trouble, then try performing the HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI test, explained in Step 4.  If everything checks out, then you may need to perform a System Recovery, to put the notebook back to its factory settings.  Let me know how it goes.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Octavio555 Top Student
Top Student
9 6 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've installed the BIOS and Graphics Drivers as you said, it doesn't work, and when I try the HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI test, the Touch Screen option inside Component Tests is missing. Should i do the System Recovery still? I've already done 2 System Recoveries.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
6,182 5,326 349 627
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Octavio555,

It seems like the drivers may be missing.  However, I understand that you already tried installing the drivers, restoring the BIOS, and performing a System Recovery.  You may consider contacting HP Phone Support for additional options.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps.

Regards!
SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation