Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sandy511 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I want to change my Ralink3290 Wifi/Bluetooth Adapter with any Atheros Compatible Adapter

HP i3 2D28TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi can you please help me out how should i change my Ralink RT3290 Adapter with any Atheros Compatible Adapter. It doesn't work as expected , whenever i try to connect to my home WiFi Connection it connects for 2-3 minutes and disconnects and never connects after that. I need to shutdown my computer to reconnect again to my WiFi and I have a high speed WiFi and as i connect through my Laptop the speed in it is very very low. I have a Laptop of HP i3 2000 Model is: 2D28TU and currently it is working on Windows Ultimate 7 OS. I need a quick help how could i manually change it and fix this miserable problem. I also want to know how could i manually change the adapter of this laptop and please let me know the most compatible Atheros Adapter for my Laptop that can work 100% perfectly in my Laptop. 

Thanking You

Sandip Singh Sarwan

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1898
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I want to change my Ralink3290 Wifi/Bluetooth Adapter with any Atheros Compatible Adapter

Hi @Sandy511,

Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I grasp that you would like to change your wireless card to the Ralink 3290. Here is a link to the HP 2000 Notebook PC Compaq CQ58 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide. Please note chapter 3, page 18, item 15, for the recommended replacements.

I hope this helped.

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find. Please consider clicking the"Thumbs Up Icon"below to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37020 5580 9624
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your laptop has a BIOS whitelist which means you can only use wireless adapters listed in the Parts list. 

Atheros 9485GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and 3012 Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter 655795-001

Above is a compatible Atheros wireless and Bluetooth module. 

http://www.ebay.in/itm/ATHEROS-AR5B225-BLUETOOTH-4-0-WIFI-PCIE-CARD-655795-001-654825-001-FOR-HP-LAP...

"How-to" install starts on p. 48 and it is pretty easy to do. 

Post back if you need more help.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
Sandy511 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the Adapter mentioned by you above is compatible with my laptop HP 2000 i3 Model:2D28TU . Does this adapter works well than please tell me on How To INstall it after purcahsing this from Ebay.

Thanks

Sandy511

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37020 5580 9624
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Read my post. Yes that wifi adapter will work in your laptop. I gave you a link to download the Manual and the steps on how to install it are on page 48. Good luck. 

0 Kudos
Sandy511 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In my laptop with the Ralink RT3290 Adapter i have one major problem also. As this adapter has both Wifi as well as Bluetooth. I have a power key for turning on Wifi and Bluetooth in my Laptop as F12 but whenever I press it it doesn't work at all as it used to work when i brought this Laptop first. As i press the F12 button only the Bluetooth Icon appears and starts working but not the WiFi. For WiFi i have to go manually to the Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections and Enable the Ralink Wifi Adapter than Wifi Starts searching for network. But when i try to turn off bothe the bluetooth and Wifi together with the F12 Power Button only Bluetooth turns off and the Power button still shows up the white light not turning off the Wifi. Again i have to go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections and Disable the Wifi Adapter. After i disable it the Power Button Lights up with Orange in colour but this is not the way it should be functioning. Actually it should turn on/turn off both the bluetooth and the Wifi so can you please help me with this Power Botton Problem in Ralink RT3290 Adpater.

Thanking You 

Sandy511

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37020 5580 9624
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I thought were were going to replace the wireless/bluetooth card?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation