Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lucylu55 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was given a laptop and not able to reset back to factory due to no one knows the passwords

Hp Windows 7
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
I was given a HP Windows 7 laptop and need to reset back to factory but no one knows the passwords to unlock, what do I do?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
49520 9889 16831
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was given a laptop and not able to reset back to factory due to no one knows the passwords

Hi,

You can access the recovery manager at boot by tapping away at f11 as soon as you power on -

Recovery Partition which can be accessed at boot - A full guide on this can be found on the following link.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation