Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tsimkus Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would like to upgrade my HP Split X2 to win10, but cannot use SETUP to do so

HP Split X2
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The WIN10 free upgrade deadline is here, and I cannot seem to upgrade my Split X2 easily... at least by using SETUP.  Is there a known way to do so?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would like to upgrade my HP Split X2 to win10, but cannot use SETUP to do so

Hey @tsimkus, 

This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that you are looking for information on Upgrading to Windows 10.

Here is a document for you called Upgrading to Windows 10. You will see there are several sections for you to read over, such as: 

• Important information about the upgrade
  • System Requirements
  • Steps to take before upgrading
  • Upgrading to Windows 10
  • Upgrading from an ISO image or USB media
  • Windows activation
  • Windows Hello
  • Steps to take after upgrading to Windows 10
  • Go back to previous versions of Windows

Please read over this documents as well. 

Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive -  HP provides a recovery solution on the hard drive, but it is still a good idea to have a recovery solution on a USB storage device or discs. A disc or USB device can be stored in a safe place and used in the event of a hard drive failure, a hard drive format, or in the event you change the operating system.

Backing Up Your Files (Windows 10, 8) - File History automatically backs up files that are in your libraries, contacts list, favorites, and on your desktop. If the originals are lost, corrupted, or deleted, you can restore one file or all the files. You can also find previous versions of your files from specific dates.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating for Windows 10.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to help! Please just re-post with the information required from above. 

If this has answered your question please click the Accepted Solution button. If you would liketo show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below. 

Thank you! 

Have a wonderful day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation