Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (462 Views)
Accepted Solution

IDT AUDIO DRIVER NOT WORKING..

HI

YESTERDAY I FORMET MY LAPTOP ( HP ENVY 15 3017TX ). AFTER IT I " INSTALLED IDT HIGHT- DEFINATION (HD) AUDIO DRIVER FROM

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5215...

But after installation its MUTE...  

so please give me another sound driver link or resolve this problam.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: IDT AUDIO DRIVER NOT WORKING..

hi

i have done it by using this link

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/HP-envy-15-sound-stopped-working-suddenly/td-p/2728079

problam is in default speaker choice. Its autometically choose wireless speaker as default, i changed it and choose "3 speaker high defination" as default. Now it is working.

But thx for your advice.

DARKNULL

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (451 Views)

Hi,

Try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Properties.  Click the Driver tab and then click 'Update driver'.  Select 'Browse my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.  Left click 'High Definition Audio Device' once to highlight it and then click the Next button to install it.

Do you now have audio?

If you do, try installing the alternative IDT driver on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54762.exe

When the installation has completed, restart the notebook and check if you still have audio.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (446 Views)

THANKS FOR REPLY..

Sir,

i tried just both advice but problam still remain..... MUTE. before formate to laptop , audio were working.

when i am scroling the sound botten which have beats oudio simble, volume is doing low and high but only in disply...  sound.......MUTE

SO PLZ .... help me in this...

or send me another audio driver link for resolv my problam "MUTE LAPTOP"

Top Student
Message 4 of 5 (423 Views)

hi

i have done it by using this link

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/HP-envy-15-sound-stopped-working-suddenly/t...

problam is in default speaker choice. Its autometically choose wireless speaker as default, i changed it and choose "3 speaker high defination" as default. Now it is working.

But thx for your advice.

DARKNULL

Provost
Message 5 of 5 (411 Views)

Good to hear

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation