cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sdjock11
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

IE 10 WIN 7 Simple Pass Log In issue.

HP Recommended

I use Simple Pass Finger Print for logging into sites, but Simple Pass doesn't show up since the IE 10 Auto Update.  Please advise.

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

64 bit OS WIN 7

6 GB RAM

Processor: AMD A8-3520M APU

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,097 30,800 2,821 10,321
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Edits     25-Oct-2013 - Updated the HP SimplePass link, added a link to the SimplePass Update document

Open the SkyDrive link -- look for and open the file named:

Simple Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

Original Post Text:

SD,

You want to make sure you are on the latest version of HP SimplePass.

As long as you are NOT using Digital Persona, this fix should work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open Control Panel > Device Manager > Open your Biometric Devices >

Right Click on your Validity Sensor Driver > Uninstall (do NOT delete)

Reboot the Notebook so the driver can reinstall itself as you log in

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download this new SimplePass package and double click to install it right over the top of your current version -- that is, do not remove your existing SimplePass software, just load this version over the top of what you have now.

sp63224 HP SimplePass V6.0.100.276 Win7-8

=====================================================================================

Dragon Tips:

• Back up (Export) your webcards:

Export the Webcard Database:

When you have working SimplePass software, Export your Webcards.  In the event that you must remove the SimplePass software, your webcard backup can be used (imported) to restore your website login information.

Start SimplePass > Settings > Export     NOTE:  File will be named *.tsd

Make this backup every so often and save it in a safe place.  If you ever need to remove your HP SimplePass software, you can use the .tsd file to import your websites / passwords after you reinstall and set up HP SimplePass.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Click the Kudos Star!

It is a great “Thank You” for the HP Experts who are here to help!

Dragon-Fur

sdjock11
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the effort; I really appreciate it.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.  The only time it seems to recognize HP SimplePass is when I'm logging in.  Otherwise, it doesn't ask if I want to use SimplePass when I create a User Name and Password for a site.  When I slide my finger across the sensor it automatically takes me to my home page and shows the SimplePass logo in the upper right hand corner of the webpage, but doesn't allow me to use it to log in even there.

0 Kudos
sdjock11
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are my hero...tried it a second tme and it worked.  THANKIS!!

0 Kudos
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,097 30,800 2,821 10,321
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome.

I am glad it is working now.

Happy Computing!

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
JudithG
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you! This worked for me. Love my Simple Pass and happy not to lose it.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation