Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JC442 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If I factory reset, will it keep windows 10?

HP Pavilion 15-p091sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my Pavillion in 2014 and of course it came with Windows 8.1. I've upgraded it to windows 10 for about a year. I'm still a student and I want to use purley for school work. Problem is I have lots of junk on it like games that I no longer need. I thought of a lot of things to speed it up as it is painfully slow such as an SSD upgrade, but that is a bit pricey. The only thing I could think of is reset it so it doesn't have loads of rubbish running in the backround becuase the disk is always running at 100% usage (even at idle).

So I was thinking, if i reset it to factory settings, will it keep windows 10 on it or will it degrade back to windows 8.1?

Many thanks :)

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
13324 1252 2967
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If I factory reset, will it keep windows 10?

JC442

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

A "factory reset" returns the PC to the state it was in when it left the factory, so of course, it will reinstall the original OS, drivers, and apps.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation