Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6 notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Please, I was using my computer and experienced a power outage
This has corrupted my Recovery as well as my Windows

I was able to install a Windows 7 on it, but the custom recovery on the hard drive cannot be loaded anymore.

When I try to restore my windows using the inbuilt recovery by pressing F11, I get the error that it was unable to load the boot configuration file
The location was \BOOT\BCD

It says the configuration is not correct

I have been able to navigate to the exact location of the file, it is there but I can't boot into the image recovery.

I don't have the Recovery Manager application on the windows I manually installed from a USB Drive

Please help if you can help me configure the file or get a copy of the original BCD file

Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

There is a possibility that either HP or Computer Surgeons might have the recovery disk set, but without the complete model number it is not possible to tell.

If you have the computer set up the way you want it, it might be better to make an image of the system and save that on external media.  The Recovery Disks set will restore the Recovery F11 function but that will put it back to factory settings.  Then you have go through all the updates and reinstall software, etc.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Please I mean my Image could be found on the disk, but How o I copy that info since the image file I see is 'base.wim' which is 17.8 GB

It is not able to load the F11 and it gives an error reading the configuration file.

It tell me the location of the file, which is /Boot/BCD

I don't know, if I could get the file from anyone on the platform

HP Recommended

While it is not exactly clear as to what your intent is/was, look at this thread to see if that helps shed some light on the situation.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Restoring-WIM-files/td-p/1956545

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Sir, please I want to know how to install the original windows on my machine using the .wim file

I see some Windows setup, and its associated files and folders which I extracted from the base.wim file to a partition I created on the disk. but it does not run because a particular DLL file was not found.

So assuming it could run, would I have been able to continue the installation from the partition?

My original problem was 'my recovery by pressing F11 during boot is corrupt, and moreover, I don't have recovery manager on the desktop'

Thank you

HP Recommended

I do not think that is the way it works.  But, you can try using 7zip and reading through this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/34654/manually-restore-system-files-from-your-windows-installation-m...

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Thank you for your help
But I couldn't do it

Thanks
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.