cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kurt4 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Imaging device missing from device manager and built in webcam not detected/working

HP Pavilion dv6-6155ee Enterta
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All, after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 my HP TrueVision HD intergrated camera is not working. I visited the HP site to download the drivers and could not find any for Windows 10 for HP Pavilion dv6. I also cannot find the imaging link in my Device Manger. Please help/provide the suitable links to the drivers or your expertize to activate my intergrated camera.. Thanks in advance..

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Imaging device missing from device manager and built in webcam not detected/working

Hi @kurt4,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂  Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that after upgrading to Windows 10 your webcam is not working and you have been unable to locate drivers and it is not seen in Device Manager.  Is the camera recognized in the BIOS? If you scan for hardware changes in Device Manager does it show up? Windows 10 has not been tested on your model of HP notebook and the outcome is unknown. Due to this HP has not provided updated drivers.  Have you done all the Windows updates?  Here are two links that I think you will find informative: 

HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 😎]

Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers

You could try installing the original webcam driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility Mode (from windows10forums.com) Any third party ads on the page are not endorsed by HP.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation