cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
adisinha Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Inbuilt webcam of my laptop not working. Device manager shows code 45

ProBook 450 G0
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The inbuilt HD webcam of my ProBook 450 G0 stopped working few days ago. Now on running the camera app, it shows camera not connected. In the device manager I have tried updating the driver software but it says the driver is up to date. Under device status in properties it reads 

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

My laptop runs Windows 8.1. I have not installed any new major software or hardware recently.

I have urgent need of the webcam.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18550 18497 1518 2561
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Inbuilt webcam of my laptop not working. Device manager shows code 45

Hi,

It looks like the device connection maybe loose as the code 45 refers to : 
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03540049

you may need to open the case and reseat the connections to the webcam, which could be troublesome if you haven't done that before.

Follow the video for assistance : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiaRajKDwSM

however, i would recommend to contact HP on 1800-474-6836 and get a solution via hp, meanwhile you can use a temporary webcam purchased from a local store (if you are in need of it, urgently as you've mentioned).

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Webcam/microphone module [on non-touch screen displays only] removal CAUTION: Observe all precautions when removing and replacing components. NOTE: The webcam/microphone module can be removed without first detaching the display panel assembly from the base enclosure. Before you begin: Remove the ...
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation