cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TomTwo Tutor
Tutor
15 7 1 2
Message 1 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Incorrect Low Disk Space Warning from HP Support Assistant

I have an HP Envy m7 notebook. I am getting a warning from the HP Support Assistant that the Primary Drive C:  has low disk space. However, my Windows 8.1 Properties box for the C: drive says more that 90% of the drive is free, as I guessed. Why am I getting this seemingly incorrect warning?

18 REPLIES 18
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 2 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi TomTwo,

Thank you for your inquiry, I will do my best to help!

I understand that you are getting a low disk space error from the HP Support Assistant. Here is some documentation to aid with this issue. Resolving Low Disk Space Errors (Windows 😎. If this did not resolve the error, I suggest you uninstall and reinstall The HP Support Assistant.  Here is another document just in case it was the Recovery partition it  referried to.

Error: Low Disk Space. You are running out of disk space on Recovery (Windows 😎.

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
TomTwo Tutor
Tutor
15 7 1 2
Message 3 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Both of the above suggestions are not at all useful. The information given in my post says I don't have a real problem with space and that the error has nothing to do with the recovery partition/disk.

I could remove and re-install the Support Assistant, but these kinds of actions usually indicate a last ditch hail mary pass, and usually mean the problem is not understood and usually accomplish nothing, especially when no particular reason is given for why the error should have appeared and then suddenly disappear. Why would the program install correctly the second time around? If there was a problem with the installation, why does it affect only this aspect? If the problem keeps recurring, I may try this, but have little hope. But if it doesn't work, HP needs to determine why it is happening.

Intern
Intern
57 44 0 5
Message 4 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'd like to know if you ever found out why you got that low disk messages since I too just got it this morning and there's plenty of space on my hard drive. I have 846gbs free out of 908gbs. Why did I get this message?

Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 5 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi sheryltoo,

Thank you for your query, I will do my best to assist you.

I understand the HP support assistant is giving you a low disk space error, but you have plenty of free space available.

Did the error pertain to a different drive letter other then you main drive?

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the  The HP Support Assistant.  If you have an older versions installed that may be why you are getting a false error.

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

Intern
Intern
57 44 0 5
Message 6 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It looks as if I might have had an older version of HP support assisant so I updated to the newer version and the message went away. Hopefully that solved my problem. Thanks for your help.

Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 7 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi sheryltoo,

Thank you for letting me know the results.  If you believe this resolved your issue, would you please mark it as solution provided. That will allow other users to locate it more easily.

Thank you in advance!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
57 44 0 5
Message 8 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would love to say this solution solved my problem but I don't see any option to do that. I looked at your tutorial and the video but I don't have any buton that says accept as solution.

I'm including a screen shot of what I see. I also tried clicking on the drop down list for options but didn't find anything there either.

post.jpg

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 9 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi sheryltoo,

Thank you for your efforts, I do appreciate it.  Apparently you must be the person who first created the thread, is the only one to see that option.  The accepted solution button will appear next to the kudos button in the lower right, when it is accessible.

Sparkles1

Intern
Intern
57 44 0 5
Message 10 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for telling me.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation