Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy X360 15 T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In November I ordered an Envy X360 15 T. Customized it to have the 4K screen. The product number I ordered is W0Z96AV_1.

The laptop arrived and has everything I ordered installed - and runs well I might add.

The problem lies in the fact that the case is stamped as product number WOU47AV and Model number 15 - Aq100.  As I stated earlier I ordered WOU96AV_1 and the case should be stamped accordingly . When I go to have HP identify my computer it recognizes it as Model Number Wou47AV - A model HP no longer supports - and refuses to allow me to find any drivers for this machine. If I type in the actual model number I ordered. It comes up as not a valid number.

I called about this problem before the timetable for me to return this had run out and I was assured by that quality customer service that it was an oversight that they were working on and would be corrected and identified in the system in a week or two. Based on that assurance I kept the machine.

Now we are 3 months into my warranty and I still cannot get what I need and it is totally HP's fault. I am sure I am not the only one having this problem. How hard is it to get it right? When is this going to be fixed? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @killergator

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

@killergator The first part of your question is easily solved. Any time you customize a model you will have a different Product Number. The mystery not so easily solved is why there is no Support page for a model with your Product Number. Hopefully this eases the doubts about why you have a different P/N. Now if we can get HP to add this model into Support system you should be golden.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Well they still have not fixed it. No excuse to list my machine as a model other than what was ordered. I added the 4k screen because it was an available option for the model I ordered, I did not order a customized model. You are now almost half way through my warranty and nothing has changed since day 1.  

HP Recommended

And by the way..... Nobody has contacted me even after repeated promises to communicate with me and fix this problem you created and stuck me with. 

HP Recommended

Your drivers are posted-Envy 15 aq100 X360

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15-aq100-x360-convertible-pc/12499186

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.