cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
vikig
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Increase RAM in dv6-7011tx from 6GB to 16GB

Hi,

I just bought HP Pavilion Dv6-7011Tx Notebook PC 2 months back.

It came with 6GB of RAM. Now I need 16 GB which I believe, the notebook supports.

Since its under warranty which is still under process, I need to know how & from where can I get the RAM increased.

Also while buying the product there was an option to upgrade the Harddrive to a bit bigger capacity, so from where can I get all this info for upgrading the hardware.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 820
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is a link to the service manual for your notebook.  There are a few sections which will be helpful for you. 

Under "Specifications" there will be a section dedicated to the hard drive.  This section will provide you the information you need to select a compatiable hard drive.  The section named "removal and replacement procedures" will show you how to disassemble the notebook to upgrade the RAM and hard drive.

As far as finding parts you should be able to use any hard drive as long as it meets those specifications.  With memory that is a little different.  I want to make sure I suggest the exact type of memory that your notebook will need.  Could you post the full model number of your notebook for me please?  I hope I've been helpful!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
kushagra09
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have dv6 7011tx laptop. Does it support 16gb ram?
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation