Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HI i have hp envy ultrabook 4and i use windows 8.1 pro,i have 4gb ram and 1769 Vram but my dedicated memory is 32 mb and i need to increase it to play games like gta 5 ihave tried many solutions on the net but stll not increased can i get help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @BBBYSWAE,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you would like to increase the system reserved Video RAM. I'll try my best to help you with this,

Could you provide me with the Product number of the computer and the Operating system installed on the PC? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Did this happen after upgrading to Windows 10? If so, I would suggest you revert back to Windows 8.1?

HP Pc’s uses a customized BIOS setting (Tattooed BIOS) of which some features including overclocking and increasing the VRAM are locked.

This is done in the best interest of safeguarding the PC for the optimal performance and not to cause any extensive component failure.

To conclude, the VRAM on your PC is already shared with a specific value and it's locked and cannot be changed.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Regards

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.