Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gio_123 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Insert key does not work on Envy x360 15"

HP ENVY X360 M6 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a brand new 2 in 1 15" laptop, and just figured out that the INS key (which is combined with the 0 key in the numeric keypad) is not recognized by any program, neither by testing it with the online app http://www.keyboardtester.com/

I have tried all the possible combinations (together with FN, ALT,CTRL, with or without "NUM LOCK" activation.

Help please !! I need that key for my day to day work.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1900
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Insert key does not work on Envy x360 15"

Hi @Gio_123,

Welcome to the HP Forum! :)  It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your precise model of Envy x360? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I gather that the insert key is not working on your new Envy x360. Have you checked for Windows updates? What is your keyboard input set to? Have you run the  HP Support Assistant ? The insert key is usually a toggle switch. If it is not working please review HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).If the insert key is  also the zero key, try this and let me  know if it helped. Press the Shift + Zero to enable or disable the insert key.  Please keep me updated. 

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the “Thumbs Up” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation