Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mpessina Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Installing Intel Dual Band Wireless-A​C 7260 Plus Bluetooth in HP Pavilion DV6-7084la

Pavillon dv6-7084la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i would like to know if its possible to install a Intel Dual Band Wireless-A​C 7260 Plus Bluetooth or other Wireless-A​C/Bluetooth on my HP Pavilion DV6-7084la.

information about my BIOS:
Update F.2D Rev. A - 1 de mar. de 2016
Nombre de archivo: sp68425.exe
Detalles de la versión
Fecha de lanzamiento: 26 de ago. de 2014
Versión F.2D Rev. A

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
37037 5587 9629
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Installing Intel Dual Band Wireless-A​C 7260 Plus Bluetooth in HP Pavilion DV6-7084la

No. Sorry. That model still has the HP BIOS whitelist which will prevent the laptop from booting if anything other than officially sanctioned wireless cards are installed. None of the approved devices is an ac type receiver. Some are combination wifi/bluetooth. Post back if you are interested in locating and installing one of them. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation