cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Insydeflash Bios doesnt update

Hello, first here's are my computer info :

GP-61 424CA

Windows 7 x64

I've downloaded the file in the BIOS section of my computer, i runned it and launched it ( it's InsydeFlash ). But here's my problem, everytime when it finishes to upgrade my BIOS, my computer turn off and then the upgrade cant be applied ( or so ). I was thinking it was a overheating problem but it's not, my computer is totally cool.

I have no idea why it turn off my computer. I've tried many times and it turn off each time when it's completes,

Any idea where it comes from ? Or maybe i could try installing the BIOS file through another BIOS flashing utility ?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 12
4,523 4,426 238 1,229
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When flashing the BIOS it's normal for the laptop to shut down.

Have you actually checked to see if the BIOS has in fact been updated.

At any rate, you should stop trying to update it if it won't take, there is a good chance you're going to "BRICK" you machine.

A BIOS update changes the information on a chip on the mother board, not the hard drive.

If this chip becomes corrupted due to a bad BIOS flash, it will have to be sent to HP for repair.

To check to see what BIOS you are running type in system information in the search box.

Mine is F.15.

Your most recent one happens to be F.15 as well.

BIOS.PNG

Highlighted
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh okay, well InsydeFlash wasn't turning off the computer normally, i mean 0.00001 after the upgrade was done my computer turned off like if i were unplugging my computer with no batteries, or sometimes i could see the '' your computer is about to restart '' message with a cooldown and then my computer was shutting down at 8 or 7, i tought it was a bit weird but sounds like i'm ok finally !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the Insydeflash bios upgrade downloading than shutting down my HP G71 laptop. Only when I try to install it says that it can not install correctly and my current bios is not upgrading.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
4,523 4,426 238 1,229
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What's your full model number ?

Don't keep trying to flash the BIOS just because there is a new version, if things are working OK then leave it alone.

If you need more help I will need your full model number and what your current BIOS is now.

Or even better a link to your specific support page.

Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm not an expert, but my new hp Envy dv7 Windows 8 64bit laptop indicated via an Action Center message that I needed to update my InsydeFlash the day after I turned on the laptop! I started the update but the computer seemed to lock, with a popup coming up repeatedly that Insyde Flash V4.29 was initializing, and "do not turn off computer" but there wasn't further progress. After 20 minutes or so, I contacted hp support, and was informed I should turn my laptop off, then turn it on again and at the same time, press Esc repeatedly. This got me into a menu where I could choose the System Refresh option. Then by following the prompts in that option, the InsydeFlash bios eventually sucessfully updated itself, taking more than half an hour to do so. It restored my laptop to its native condition without my program applications and files (although there was an html icon on the desktop that appeared, listing the Removed Apps) , but thankfully because the laptop was new, I hardly had anything installed on it anyways. Because this bios update reverted the computer to its native condition, I would suggest that a backup be made of files/apps prior to starting this InSydeFlash update.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The prefomence of my Laptop is very slow. I Have talk to Costomer care, He recomend me to upgrade the bios.

I have BIOS Version insyde F.1B 13-08-2013

Please Help Me

Thanks in advance.

Surajasu007

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
411 411 20 42
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You shouldnt play with BIOS like that , this is not some cheap program u can uninstall anytime u want , you can destroy your laptop easily , and repairing it will cost a lot.

And normally you should Ignore all these assistant suggestions , if your laptop working OK do not update bios especially via HP utilities.

If you really want to update bios , i suggest downloading it manually via HP driver , and manually installing it without any assistants at all.

Highlighted
Level 12
4,523 4,426 238 1,229
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@surajasu007 wrote:

The prefomence of my Laptop is very slow. I Have talk to Costomer care, He recomend me to upgrade the bios.

I have BIOS Version insyde F.1B 13-08-2013

Please Help Me

Thanks in advance.

Surajasu007

T4M is right, if the performance of your laptop is slow then you need to look elsewhere to make it run faster.

Updating the BIOS will do nothing to speed your computer up. Leave the BIOS alone...

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation