cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Joe8386
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intel Centrino drops internet connectivity

HP Pavilion DV7-7073CA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Upgraded the Wireless Network Adapter Driver to the latest version, but still losing connectivity, and some times get the blue screen with the message "driver power state failure".  It looks to me that the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230, Single Band is not compatible with Windows 10 SW.  I would like to know if HP has an alternative to replace it with a compatible Network Adapter.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 956 2,198
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Joe8386,

Your system could be loosing connectivity due to power save mode. You can try:

In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, right-click (or press and hold) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.

In the command prompt type: netcfg –d 

Please get back to me how this goes.

To show that you like, or are thankful of my post, kindly click the Thumbs up below. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Joe8386
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for your support.  I tried your solution but it didn't work, and I also would like to share my solution with the comunity.   After trying different recommendations from other people, I decided to replace the  Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230,  with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0 .  I removed the N 2230 driver from my laptop, and used a cable to connect to my router to download the SW and Drivers using Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.6, note that the computer will not allow to install the new Driver for 7260 if the N 2330 is not removed previously.  The issue is solved, my laptop is now working fine.

Regards,

Jose
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation