cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Zephon-H
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Intel HD Graphics 4600 Driver, Windows 10 1511 blocks applications from accessing driver

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

In November I updated to the latest build of Windows 10 build 1511. The installation went smoothly, however, soon after the update was installed I started receiving an error stating that the application was blocked from accessing the Graphics Hardware. At first I thought it was due to a game I was playing but then the error started happening with almost all remotely graphic intensive applications like Skype, or Zune. Please help me solve this problem it is becoming a nuisance now.

Is there by chance a graphics driver update for my laptop? I have checked the support website but the version online is the same version I've always had.

How do I resolve this?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TechSurge
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 166
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Zephon-H,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community!

I understand you're having some trouble with the graphics drivers after an update. I'd be happy to help you with that.

I would start by running the HP Support Assistant.

The following are some helpful links for troubleshooting the HP Support Assistant or downloading the latest version:

HP Support Assistant

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)
Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 7, Windows Vista)
HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 😎
HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 7)

I also strongly recommend running the Windows Update Tool as it may find, and update any old or missing drivers that you need.

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

0 Kudos
Zephon-H
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Thanks for your reply,

I installed the latest version of HP Support Assistant, however when I tried checking for updates none were found. I also tried troubleshooting the display and the suggestion given was to download the latest graphics driver updates from the support website which I have already done. This unfortunately have not fixed my issue.

I tried running the Windows Update Tool like you suggested I received an error "Service Registration is missing or corrupt"

Capture.JPG

How can I go about resolving my problem with the graphics drivers, because right now this is the most annoying challenge I face.

0 Kudos
TechSurge
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 166
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Zephon-H,

If none of that worked my suggestion would be to run the SFC scan. Heres a guide on how to do that: How to Run SFC Command to Repair System Files in Windows 10.

Should that fail, you're most likely gonna have to call in for support. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP.

If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

0 Kudos
Zephon-H
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have already tried an sfc scan so I will phone in for assistance. Thanks for your help! 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation