Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Copperland Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intel Network 7260.HMWG.R Revised WiFi Wireless-AC 7260 H/T Dual Band 2x2

Pavilion 15zAB000 Touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I would like to upgrade this laptop Wifi Card and was wondering if it will work, the service manual seems to have to antenna connections, but I am not sure if the laptop motherboard would be compatible with this card. Thanks for your input

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
37033 5585 9626
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intel Network 7260.HMWG.R Revised WiFi Wireless-AC 7260 H/T Dual Band 2x2

You have an AMD processor which does not work right with the Intel wifi cards. The one you want to use is the Broadcom AzureWave 802.11ac. However, your laptop might only have one wireless antenna in which case you cannot really upgrade the internal wireless card. 

You said you have the Service Manual so I will not post it. The only way to know if it has one wireless antenna or 2 is to disasssemble it far enough to inspect. The manual might show 2 antennae, but many models and particularly AMD models with 802.11/b/g/n/ cards like Realtek and Ralink only have one.  If you need more help post back. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation