Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Nathan166 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 intermittent Connection

I'm having the same problem, really want to find a solution.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
25016 3515 8149
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nathan166

What is the exact model or product number of your laptop???

What OS are you running???

If W10 did you upgrade to W10???

REO

******Please mark Accept as Solution if my post solved your problem******
0 Kudos
Nathan166 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's an HP Envy Notebook
Product number is: P0U49EA#ABU
It's Windows 10.
It can pre-installed.
0 Kudos
atlaaust Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes me too.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
25016 3515 8149
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nathan166

Uninstall the WiFi and if it asks to remove the driver click YES.

Then install this and reboot.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74466.exe

REO

******Please mark Accept as Solution if my post solved your problem******
0 Kudos
onix Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the problem still remains

0 Kudos
Paul_UK1 Top Student
Top Student
1 0 4
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It seems that there are several forum postings relating to intermittent connections with Intel (R) Dual band Wireless AC- 3165 and many answers suggesting steps that people have taken already.  I created an account here today because I am one of the growing number of people who has just purchased a HP Pavilion with this wireless adapter and has the same problem that others describe.  It seems to me that HP should initiate a root cause investigation as part of quality management to understand why so many people are experiencing identical issues with this wireless adapter. 

I am sure that many of us have already checked the obvious e.g. does it work with ethernet - yes; is our router working yes because another laptop (HP Probook) works perfectly fine; have you checked that the wireless adapter has the latest updates - yes; and so it goes on.

Like others who have left postings I bought my HP Pavilion last week and have spent many frustrating moments troubleshooting for the wireless adaptor to be reset after the default gateway was not available, which resolved the problem for 3 to 5 minutes.  All this even though the PC showed that I was indeed connected to the internet.  It's gone back to the shop.

Raiders_man Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Agree with Paul_UK1, I now have the same problem as a number of others with this Wireless card. The responses from HP so far have been not very helpful...

0 Kudos
ajp4life Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It appears the problem still hasnt been solved, as I am having the same issue and as much as I've searched the net for solutions, everyone ends up with the same lack of answers and the ongoing problem. Are HP addressing this issue at all? Are they looking in to these numerous complaints? As it's clear there's a significant amount of people with the same problem.....

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation