cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hidudes8
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Intel Wifi 5100 agn keeps going off and on.

HP Recommended

I'm having problems with my wifi where it will have these spazz attacks where the wlan will go on and off and on and off and then just end with off. Its quite the battle. I have the wireless card mentioned. This just started about a week ago. It seems that after i battle it for a bit and finnally do a fail search for a solution it decides to know (almost as if it wants me to give up and doesn't want to get fixed).  Does anyone have any sound working solutions for this? I know it isn't set to turn off to save power, already un-checked that. i have an X16T-1200 and i hate to see this happen. I think what it does is it does these spazz attacks after i have the laptop closed and it was in hybernate, but i could be wrong. That will take more time. Even then, there must be a solution.

Does anyone have any? It's so frustrating.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
bonesdad
Level 3
66 62 0 11
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no real fixes, but some workarounds.  There are many many threads in forums about this issue.  I have HDX16 as well, with the same problem.  Some folks post in sound forum, some in hardware, some in wireless, but it's all the same problem  I suggest you contact HP support directly...they will try several things which likely won't work, but the more of us keep pushing the greater chance for a fix, or recall.

0 Kudos
hidudes8
Author
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think i figured it out. are you using a custom power option? I changed back to a standard and it's not happened since then. At first i thought it might be that it just messes up when i have it closed, but since i went to the hp recommended again instead of my custom it hasn't messed up at all, even after i have it closed for a bit.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation