Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
yarok Tutor
Tutor
3 0 4
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internal Error 2739 when installing HP Update version 5.2

Thank you for a great board.

I have a HP Compaq 6715b laptop with Vista 64-bit, SP2. The firewall is Comodo.

A few days ago, HP Update downloaded and tried to install "HP Update, version 5.2".

When the installation began, I kept getting "Internal Error 2739" and the installation process was terminated.

I registered jscript.dll and vbscript.dll, so this is not the problem.

I downloaded the file selfupdate_5_2_0_10.exe and clicked on it, but with the same results ("Internal Error 2739" and installation).

I am at a loss. Can anyone here help?

Many TIA.

Yarok

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES
AcumenProbitas Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same thing happens to me.  Running Vista 32 on my desktop, my HP product is my Photosmart C3180 All-In-One
0 Kudos
yarok Tutor
Tutor
3 0 4
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there any way we can inform HP of this problem? It seems to be affecting many users. Yarok

mikehol Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the very same problem. Exactly as you discribed.
0 Kudos
yarok Tutor
Tutor
3 0 4
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I solved my problem! 

On Windows Vista 64-bit:

1. Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories.

2. Right-click on Command Prompt, select Run As Administrator, and enter your authentication information.

3. If the prompt reads C:\Windows\SysWow64>, proceed to Step 4.

If not, type the following command exactly as it appears below, including the quotation marks, and then press Enter. 

cd "%systemroot%\SysWow64" 

4. At the prompt, type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press Enter.

5. When a dialog box with the message "DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded" appears, click OK.

6. At the prompt, type regsvr32 vbscript.dll and press Enter.

7. When a dialog box with the message "DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded" appears, click OK.

Hope this helps.

Yarok

jghiller Tutor
Tutor
22 0 0
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem - Internal Error 2739 during an auto update to HP Update 5.2. Contacted HP. Waste of time. Uninstalled ALL HP software to begin fresh but got same error uninstalling HP Update - 2739.

After reading all the posts in the forum - I installed JAVA 6 Update 16. I had the JAVA SE Runtime previously installed. I restarted my PC and was able to uninstall HP Update!

Running Vista Premium 32bit with IE8.

0 Kudos
tonyfitzsimons Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why is this a problem? And why wont HP bother to do anything about it,surely when this error message occurs there should be an instant link to a solution?

Are HP only interested in sales?

What about back up service?

Not good enough. 

0 Kudos
craig777 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello, i am having trouble with the sending emails, but the logo is coming up saying i need to log off adminstrater? how do i fix this?
0 Kudos
mtnwing Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Yarok.  These steps fixed my problem
0 Kudos
jmfoxhi Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same issue, but the effect it had on my HP printer was that it stopped me from being able to scan.  I had spent 5+ hours on the phone with HP on 2 occasions, uninstalling, reinstalling their software, all to no avail.  Finally, I came across yarok's solution, executed it, and in less than 1/2 an hour, everything is working perfectly!  Thanks, yarok!!!!!  You are my HERO!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation