Note on archived topics.
08-19-2009 10:02 AM
Thank you for a great board.
I have a HP Compaq 6715b laptop with Vista 64-bit, SP2. The firewall is Comodo.
A few days ago, HP Update downloaded and tried to install "HP Update, version 5.2".
When the installation began, I kept getting "Internal Error 2739" and the installation process was terminated.
I registered jscript.dll and vbscript.dll, so this is not the problem.
I downloaded the file selfupdate_5_2_0_10.exe and clicked on it, but with the same results ("Internal Error 2739" and installation).
I am at a loss. Can anyone here help?
08-28-2009 09:24 AM
I solved my problem!
On Windows Vista 64-bit:
1. Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories.
2. Right-click on Command Prompt, select Run As Administrator, and enter your authentication information.
3. If the prompt reads C:\Windows\SysWow64>, proceed to Step 4.
If not, type the following command exactly as it appears below, including the quotation marks, and then press Enter.
4. At the prompt, type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press Enter.
5. When a dialog box with the message "DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded" appears, click OK.
6. At the prompt, type regsvr32 vbscript.dll and press Enter.
7. When a dialog box with the message "DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded" appears, click OK.
Hope this helps.
09-01-2009 11:28 AM
I had the same problem - Internal Error 2739 during an auto update to HP Update 5.2. Contacted HP. Waste of time. Uninstalled ALL HP software to begin fresh but got same error uninstalling HP Update - 2739.
After reading all the posts in the forum - I installed JAVA 6 Update 16. I had the JAVA SE Runtime previously installed. I restarted my PC and was able to uninstall HP Update!
Running Vista Premium 32bit with IE8.
09-01-2009 04:31 PM
Why is this a problem? And why wont HP bother to do anything about it,surely when this error message occurs there should be an instant link to a solution?
Are HP only interested in sales?
What about back up service?
Not good enough.
09-24-2009 12:32 PM