Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ashleymelchert Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internal battery

Pavillion g6
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
I recieved a message on my laptop tonight that the storage on my internal battery (601) was running low and would need to be replaced. I am unable to bypass this. I just used my laptl last night
5 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71048 8552 18381
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internal battery

Hi,

It actually is the main battery of your computer. Please try the following test:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03325217

If failed, you need to replace its battery.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
226 21 54
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internal battery

Hello,

If Primary (internal) Battery (601) appears in the alert message, it means the measured storage capacity of the primary (internal) battery is less than 25% of the original storage capacity. The number “601” denotes the associated error code that is recorded in the system log.

Kindly refer to the below link for your reference :

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443470

Hope it helps!

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internal battery

If I need to replace that, how do i do that???

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internal battery

My battery passed the test... but it still isn't working correctly.

0 Kudos
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
226 21 54
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internal battery

Hi Ashleymelchert,

If the issue is still the same, I would recommend you to contact hp support for further procedure.

Contact HP Worldwide

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

#HPExpertDay

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation