Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First of all, HP has the worst customer relations. I regret buying a high end HP notebook, when there are other companies offering same specs in even lesser price and with even better customer relations!

Every time I enter my product's Serial Number on the HP Support Website, they say that this product isn't registered and therefore, they don't proceed further. Whereas, the same HP's website confirms that my laptop's warranty is still 6 months.

The problem is, that I purchased my laptop a month ago. As per HP's rules, warranty period starts from the date of purchase if you upload the purchase evidence (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hpe/privacy/limited_warranty.html). But, as I can't connect to any HP Support Assistant, I can't get much help from HP.

So, anyone else care to help me out in this matter?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @Umar-Iqbal

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

Based on your description it is not 100% clear for me if you have contacted HP Support already and if you asked them for assistance about the warranty ? Do you have a case number opened with them ?

Did you register your product here >> https://register.hp.com/  ?

If you haven't, you will have to do it because such an issue cannot be addressed here in the forum. Most of the people posting here are volunteers and some are HP employees. You need to get in touch with them and ask for warranty dispute.

Looking forward to your confirmation.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Yes I have contacted HP Support. This is what they say when I try to contact them:

"We are unable to determine your warranty status for the product and serial number provided.

Please verify the numbers provided or try again later."

And when I try to register my product, my country isn't listed there. If my country isn't listed there, how HP products are being sold here?

I just want a complete one year warranty for my machine, as HP promises.

HP Recommended

@IT_WinSec wrote:

Hello @Umar-Iqbal

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

Based on your description it is not 100% clear for me if you have contacted HP Support already and if you asked them for assistance about the warranty ? Do you have a case number opened with them ?

Did you register your product here >> https://register.hp.com/  ?

If you haven't, you will have to do it because such an issue cannot be addressed here in the forum. Most of the people posting here are volunteers and some are HP employees. You need to get in touch with them and ask for warranty dispute.

Looking forward to your confirmation.

Yes I have contacted HP Support. This is what they say when I try to contact them:

"We are unable to determine your warranty status for the product and serial number provided.

Please verify the numbers provided or try again later."

And when I try to register my product, my country isn't listed there. If my country isn't listed there, how HP products are being sold here?

I just want a complete one year warranty for my machine, as HP promises.

HP Recommended

Hello,

The Serial number I cannot verify at the moment but the product number looks ok.

Where are you from ? Which is your country ?

Do you have a case opened with HP - case number ? How did you get this statement - via email or chat ?

Please, edit your posts and erase the Serial number as this is personal information and might be misused by someone - the forum is public.

Looking forward to your reply

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I am from Pakistan. The problem is, that I cannot connect with HP, so, I cannot open a case yet. I got this statement when I clicked the link of "Dispute Your Warranty", under the heading of "Serial Number".

The main issue is that I cannot chat with an HP representative, therefore, I cannot explain my situation to them.

HP Recommended

Hello @Umar-Iqbal

Based on my research, HP does not have offices in Pakistan and in case an issue arises your PC will not be serviced directly by HP. If you purchased the PC from a store in Pakistan, this means the PC was imported into the country by someone else (from another country).

I will check internally and let you know - please allow me several days and you will receive a reply when I have something.

HP Recommended

Yes it was imported from USA (well that's what the retailer said to me from where I bought the laptop).

I am moving to Canada in a couple of months. Would I be able to upgrade my warranty from there?

HP Recommended

@Umar-Iqbal wrote:

Yes it was imported from USA (well that's what the retailer said to me from where I bought the laptop).

I am moving to Canada in a couple of months. Would I be able to upgrade my warranty from there?

Hello @Umar-Iqbal

If it was imported from the USA, this means it should be serviced from the USA support team.

You seem to speak great/fluent English, so in case of any issues, I don't think English language will be a problem for you.

For any kind of tech support issues, I think you should/can contact HP Support for USA

You should be able to contact HP USA support and chat with them by using this form > https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

If they ask you about your location, you can mention them you are temporary Pakistan and that the PC was purchased from the USA.

However, for the product and warranty registration, I believe this will not work because your paper is probably not written in English.

Let me check and either me (or someone else - from HP) will post again.

HP Recommended

@Umar-Iqbal

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.