Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ZepiFy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Is Half-Length PCIe and Mini Card PCIe the Same Thing?

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 23-f269
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was wondering if half-length PCIe and mini card PCIe are the same thing because I was planning on plugging in an external GPU. 

Thank you for helping.

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
35593 5297 9101
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Is Half-Length PCIe and Mini Card PCIe the Same Thing?

You did not ask but if you did I would try to talk you out of the eGPU. But to directly answer your question as far as the eGPU is concerned there would be no difference. Mini-pcie is the description of the slot. Full length and half-height cards will plug in the same slot (same width, same plugs) but on some laptops and other applications the space where the card goes is shorter (half-height). I think the eGPU plugins are half-height and you can plug that into a space where either a half-height or full length mini-pcie card was located. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation