cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BrackoNe
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Is it possible to add SSD Hard disk in HP EliteBook 8540w?

HP Recommended

Hello everyone!

Is possible to add one more HDD in HP EliteBook 8540w (15.6" diagonal 16:9 LED-backlit FHD anti-glare (1920 x 1080

resolution) model) without taking actual HDD?

I'm planning to add SDD disk and put OS in it, and actual HDD (500GB) will be archive disk.

Thanks in advance,

Nemanja

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,582 90,459 11,636 24,932
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you watched this ? You have to use ODD place because no room inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e22CuUfl6WY

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
BrackoNe
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello Banhien!

Thank you for reply. I know that is possible put another hdd instead of optical drive, but I asked is there free space inside of computer. Do you know, maybe (approx.), how much can cost this holder for HDD?

In that case, I need to remove current HDD from it's place, put SDD, and put current HDD in holder and put into space for optical device, right?

Thanks for reply!
0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,582 90,459 11,636 24,932
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

As mentioned above, no room for it physically and you have to use the place of the ODD (Optical disc drive) which is the CD/DVD drive.

For the cost, I've done myself once, around $270.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

DiegoQuebec
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI, first sorry for my inglish is not very well.

Currently I am in the same situation that you i want to change my actual HDD disk by SDD and i take my actual HDD like archive disk ( i will buy a caddy), finaly are you change your disk? Finally, the change that you made to your computer worked well? Please let me know

Thanks

0 Kudos
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,726 44,503 7,175 12,721
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have added onto a post that is over 5 years old. Please start your own thread for a better chance at receiving meaningful help. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation