Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
z1kk0 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it possible to restore my laptop to factory condition if I have a new edition of windows?

Pavilion DV6-6053ea
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hey there!

Right now I'm using Windows 8.1, but I want to go back to Windows 7. I was wondering if it's possible to somehow get the HP Recovery Manager back, so I can used it to go back to the factory condition Windows 7.  I still have a "RECOVERY" and "HP_TOOLS" partitions, so it should be possible somehow, right?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
74124 74014 9009 19400
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it possible to restore my laptop to factory condition if I have a new edition of windows?

Hi,

Yes you can. You need to create a Recovery set (USB or DVD's) now and keep it a safe place. Page 122 of the  last manual an the following link shows you how:

http://support.hp.com/ie-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5048664/model/5...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
z1kk0 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I want to install HP Recovery Manager, it just gives me an error: "Softpaq does not apply to the system, no HP Recovery Manager is installed."

0 Kudos
z1kk0 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The drives are still there, 13 GB is the recovery one, so why isn't it letting me to install?

0 Kudos
z1kk0 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welp, guess there is no way to do it. Never going to buy a thing from HP again.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
81 79 2 5
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, please go to computer management (where also device manager and disk manager)

Go to disk manager and mark the HP Recovery partition as "active".

Do a reboot of the laptop, if the recovery is NOT broken because of Windows 10 install, the recovery will start reverting to the predelivered operating system.

If not working, please check if you can boot from the other partition in boot options.

Please respond if my advices were helpful.

I would like to help you further.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation