cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Is my HP 15-r029wm missing a fan?!

HP 15-r029wm
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I was upgrading my RAM today , and noticed that my notebook doesn't have a cooling fan installed?

Is this right?  I got it at Wally World, and I know it was cheaper than the dollar menu at McDonalds- but no fan?  Am I cooling some other way?  More importantly, if it wasn't supposed to have one, can I add one?!  Thanks!

Missing Fan.jpg

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 6
411 411 20 42
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This is fanless laptop , so all is ok.

Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Good to know, I've never heard of it before- learn something new everyday! Thanks T4M!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I just got off the phone with customer service after discovering the same thing with mine. I got mine from a Walmart in MN. It IS supposed to have a fan. All of the 15" TouchSmart laptops should.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502

You'll find it on page 15, item 13 of that pdf.  (not all of the pages were numbered, so keep an eye out.)

Good luck with customer service, and I hope this helped.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation