Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
28 1 4
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there a dual band wifi card for HP Pavilion g4-2235dx

Pavilion g4-223d dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Ok so i have a shot in the dark question, I am not sure on what parts are avalable for this laptop. I just picked this up on a trade and so far has been a pretty decent little machine. It has stock 2.4ghz wifi, which i know is pretty standard. My question is, is there a different internal wifi card i can replace the stock on with that will give me access to both 2.4 ghz and 5.0 ghz.

I have been considering going the usb adapter route for both wifi bands but would like to keep some usb ports avalable without needing to get a small hub.

Any info would be Appreciated!

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
97765 13294 20539
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03593667

Unfortunately the 3 supported wireless cards listed in chapter 3 are all single band cards.

Back when your notebook was produced, HP had a BIOS whitelist which prevents any other wlan card from working other than the ones listed in the service manual.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
28 1 4
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well dang I figured it would be a long shot
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
97765 13294 20539
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, it was a long shot.

Now, if you want to roll the dice, and bet $5.01, you can try this card, but the odds are way against it working.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-EliteBook-755-Wireless-WiFi-Card-730668-001-/381844914906?hash=item58e7bb...

Your notebook was made right on the cusp around when the BIOS whitelists were removed.

No one knows for sure exactly when this happened or exactly what model series had the whitelists removed.

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

HP Part # 730668-001

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation