Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ragesh1979 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Issue with Keyboard Special Characters in HP Pavilion DV6-3004TU

I am using a HP Pavilion DV6-3004TU notebook. I just had my Windows 7 Professional installed. When I @ using Shift + 2 it displays " (quotation marks). It is vice-versa as well, ie., when I type " using Shift ' it displays @ symbol. I as well have issue with typing the hash symbol. When I type Shift 3 it displays £ instead of hash symbol. This is a brand new laptop and I am using an external USB keyboard as well for my convenience. This problem is encountered in both keyboards (notebook keyboard and external keyboard) as well. What do I do now? It has become a literal mess with characters making it difficult most of the times. Kindly help

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2317 2315 176 720
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That looks like keyboard layout issue...Looks like your keyboard is set to UK english...to check that...

To check that, Click Start, type intl.cpl in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. On the Keyboards and Language tab, click Change keyboards.

You should see 2 entries English (united States) and English (United Kingdom). If true, delete English (United Kingdom). That should take care of it...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
ragesh1979 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That was indeed perfect. I never expected such a quick reply and that to the one that would completely resolve the issue. Thank you so much. Hope I can rely on you if I encounter any issues with my new HP Laptop..

Take care.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2317 2315 176 720
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You are always welcome!

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation