cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Adecon Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Issue with bluetooth & BTTray.exe error

Compaq Presario V3070 TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Mine is a Compaq Presario V3070TU Notebook. Earlier the operating system was Windows XP professional. Recently the machine was formatted & windows 7 professional (32 bit) is loaded. Everything was working fine except bluetooth. Even if the icon is showing at the bottom right corner, by clicking it no bluetooth devices were showing. It is not detecting cellphone though it used to do it while the OS was windows XP. On someone's advice I downloaded the bluetooth driver from internet (SP32315.exe) for Windows XP. I could not find any bluetooth driver for this machine for Windows 7. While tried to run the exe file warning messages appeared (i.e.not digitally signatured). I ignored it & continued. After that the machine was restarted. Since then error message box with heading BTTray.exe-System Error is coming with detailed message as "The program can't start because BtBalloon.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". This is coming every time the machine is restarted. Please guide how to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
2,882 2,654 144 331
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Adecon,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that you upgraded the system from Windows XP to Windows 7, but the bluetooth did not work with Windows 7. Unfortunately, there is no bluetooth driver released on the HP support page for Windows 7 with this model. Therefore, you either need to go back to WIndows XP to use the bluetooth or use an external connected bluetooth adapter to stay with Windows 7.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Adecon Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply. I however could not found any drivers for this model for Windows 7 in HP website, customer support area. The question is how other things e.g. graphics, ports, audio, modem, touchpad etc. are working in windows 7 when there is no drivers available for this model in windows 7. For business reasons I have to run Windows 7 since not all the softwares I use support windows XP. I have heard about a XP mode under Windows 7 but do not know how to install it. Also do not know even if that XP mode is installed this problem will be solved or not. Really looking forward to a solution besides using an external device which is the last option.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2,882 2,654 144 331
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Adecon,

For the drivers which can work with Windows 7, they may be compatibile with Windows 7 or the Windows Update could find the compatible drivers for updating. Here is a link may help: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/compaq-presario-v3000-notebook-pc-series/1817055/model/3252128/d...

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation