cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

It loaded windows 10 on its own -now broken

HP Recommended
Pavilion 14
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I was shopping online and suddenly I get "loading Windows 10". I did not want Windows10 but for whatever reason it loaded it. Now, when it boots up i get the following:

Your PC needs to be repaired

a required device isnt connected or cannot be accessed

error code oxc0000225

1) why did it load 10 on its own?

2) how do i fix this and get back OS 8.1?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
27,146 27,074 2,472 5,874
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

huzzah3579

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

You probably have Windows Updates set to automatically download and apply updates, and in that case, since Win10 is now distributed as an Update, it would automatically get loaded.

While Microsoft tells you that there is no risk in the Win10 Upgrade, because they let you believe that you can always revert back to your original OS and setup within 30 days, the ugly faction of the matter is that the Win10 GoBack function has proven to be unreliable -- and when it fails, it can leave machines in a corrupted state -- which doesn't always happen, but it does happen often enough to be a problem and you won't get any warning in advance that it is going to trash your PC!

The Win10 Upgrade is know, in some cases, to corrupt the Recovery partition stored there by the OEM that built the original machine.  This pretty much guarantees that no HP Recovery is going to work.

You can try using the Win10 GoBack function to see if you can return to Win8x:  How to: Rollback to a previous version of Windows from Windows 10 | Teching It Easy: with Windows

But, if that doesn't work, then you would need to try this:  Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 😎 | HP® Customer Support

And, if that doesn't work, your only recourse then is to order HP Recovery Media. This is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities. In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks.  You have to order these from HP; they can not be downloaded.

You can look online for Recovery Media starting with the linked paged: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Once there, input your Product name or number. On your Software and Drivers Download page, select your Operating System and and Version. Click "Update".  If HP Recovery Media is available for your machine, down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the "+" symbol to expand that entty and click on Order Media for details.

Or, if you prefer, you can do the same by contacting HP Customer Service:

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If HP no longer provides Recovery Media for your model, a couple of other sites you can check are: http://www.computersurgeons.com/  and http://www.restoredisks.com/

Be sure to read through the material in the linked thread BEFORE you attempt the recovery:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00707939

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi and ty

I had it where it had to ask me to do installs, however, I looked at another computer that I have and somehow MS has changed the setting back to do "automatic updates". I am not sure how this is happening and this really concens me.

Unfortunately, since the computer won't boot up I cannot use any of the methods you speak of to do a recovery. It only comes up in the error screen. I did do system tests and HW seems fine. I also booted up with a USb Ubuntu OS and I guess I can recover my data and then reformat the computer with OS 8.1 (if i can find my OS installation media grrrr)

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation