Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

J2V78UA issues

Model J2V78UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
So my computer reset had it 2 weeks I do a system diagnosis and it comes back saying a failure code then harddrive 1 below that. When I start up only options are diagnosis I can try to restore but also says no operating system help here please
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,698 3,947
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

J2V78UA issues

@Pointmarion19 wrote:
So my computer reset had it 2 weeks I do a system diagnosis and it comes back saying a failure code then harddrive 1 below that. When I start up only options are diagnosis I can try to restore but also says no operating system help here please

Specs

It means hard drive is failing / has failed. Are you in warranty?

You need to replace the HDD and use Recovery media you must have created after setting up laptop to Factory reset the laptop later on.

If you're in warranty, HP would send you both free of cost. Contact HP with the 24 character failure ID and other product details.

Order recovery media

Contact HP

Check warranty

If you're not under warranty, get a new branded 2.5inch SATA intenal laptop HDD of at least 500gb capacity so that Recovery media would work.

Manual for replacement procedure.

Regards

Visruth

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation