Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a:

HP Pavilion G6-1242sa

Product: A5H10EA#ABU

Serial: {Personal Information Removed}

I am using Windows 7 64-Bit. 

I am trying to pair my JBL Charge Bluetooth  speaker to my HP Pavilion. I have installed the latest drivers for the speaker from Ralink. I am able to detect and connect  the JBL Charge through my Bluetooth dongle . The device is added and installed as a Bluetooth device when I connect  my computer to my Bluetooth speaker. All seems good.

But I cannot see the Bluetooth speaker in my Playback Devices when I right click over the speaker icon. When I right clik on the properties of the device in my Bluetooth device  I am given the tabs of:

General, Hardware, Services, Bluetooth.

I am not given the option of Audio!

I have installed the HP Wireless Assistant and can only see my Wireless LAN Adapter. Bluetooth is not showing at all!!

I am able to turn the Bluetooth on and off in the notifications area via the Bluetooth icon though.

Please could you give me some advice on how to resolve my issue as I am not sure if its a sound problem or a bluetooth connection problem.

Kind regards

Chris 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Here are some pics...............

Device Manager.jpg

JBL Properties.jpg

Wireless Assistant.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello bigape. I understand you are experiencing Bluetooth issues between your Windows 7 computer and speaker. I will do my best to assist you! For starters, attempting the troubleshooting steps in this HP document regarding Bluetooth issues should resolve the issue. If not, advanced troubleshooting will have to take place.

Let me know the results of your troubleshooting when complete. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Mario,

I have been through the help documents regarding Blutooth but have not found my problem unfortunately.

I have downloaded the drivers for the device from Ralink. I tried to download the drivers from Broadcom but whenever I ran the installation I got the error message saying that it did not detect any Bluetooth devices, even though the Bluetooth speaker was on discovery mode.

Strangely, my HP Pavilion G6 can detect the Bluetooth speaker in discovery mode and is able to pair to it. But when I open the HP Wireless Assistant, Bluetooth is not shown. Nor is the device shown as a playback device in sound settings. Nor is there a way you can right click and open a connection to the Bluetooth speaker in Devices and Printers > Bluetooth Devices > JBL Charge.

I have tried downloading all sorts of driver software from HP but nothing seems to work. I cannot think of anything else to update on my computer to maybe shift something into place.

Below is a screen grab of all the sp's I have used to resolve this problem. Nothing is working!!!

HP SPs.jpg

Is there anything else I can check or configure or try??

Kind regards,

Chris

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. I checked everything you downloaded. Some of the files were what you needed, but didn't work for some reason. For this reason, I would consider reinstalling Windows, especially if the Bluetooth device works on another computer. This task will resolve issues like this. This document contains more information on this issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Worked on mine, thanks Super Mario!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.