cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TousifAhmed
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Keyboard Issues

HP Recommended
HP 15 r022 tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I started my notebook today morning, I was not able to type anything, but the Touch pad or mouse was working fine.

I restarted to see if the problem is fixed, but no luck.

I tried to go in safe mode but not able to enter as ESC was not responding with other keys.

Not able to find any solution for Keyboard 

Need help

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TousifAhmed,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having issues with the keyboard not working on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Was there any update/reset interrupted recently?

Have you tried to use an external keyboard and check if it works?

Do you see any light on the caps lock or num lock?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can do:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, the keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to connect an external keyboard and check if it works.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TousifAhmed,

We haven't heard from you,

This Post is with reference to the thread you had recently created at your friendly neighborhood (HP Forums),

I would like to know if the resolution I had provided worked for you?

Please reply back in your public post as the private message board is not always monitored

If you have any other queries, feel free to reply back to the Jeet_Singh,

And Thank You for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation