Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Saturngirl Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard adds characters on certain keys

HP ProBook 455 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this computer and noticed when I use the laptop's keyboard it is adding characters when I hit certain keys such as the question mark |? or the percent sign T% or quote <"

When I use the wireless keyboard there is no problem.  It's a Standard PS/2 using English US.

Why am I getting these extra characters|?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Zeuxxxs Top Student
Top Student
6 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard adds characters on certain keys

Hi, Ive had similar issue before. Im guessing its your laptop keyboard issue. Theres no reason a key should adds additional symbols when pressed. Ill suggest returning the laptop than running repairs on it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation