cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard and touchpad frozen after rollback to Windows 7 from Windows 10

G56
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

After deciding to rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 7, the keyboard and touchpad don't respond. Used my Windows 7 System Repair disk to boot up, ran Repair but it didn't find anything wrong.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 4
128 128 8 37
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Uninstall drivers from device manager and scan for hardware changes. This will install latest drivers which were compaitable with windows 7. Hope this helps 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Part of my problem is I can't even log in to Windows. When it boots up, the keyboard and touchpad won't do anything, so I can't even enter a password to try and log in.

If I boot from the System Repair disk, the keyboard and touchpad work, so I know it's not a hardware problem. All of my System Restore points are gone (I assume they got wiped during the Win 10 update?). System Repair says it can't find anything wrong. I can use a Command Prompt, so I could if necessary get to the Windows root folder. I'd rather not use the nuclear option and do a factory-default System Recovery.

0 Kudos
3 2 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forgot to mention that I tried booting in Safe Mode(s) with no luck. Keyboard and touchpad won't let you log in to Windows. Only time keyboard works is in BIOS or when booting from System Repair disk.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation