Note on archived topics.
12-02-2016 10:25 AM
12-03-2016 11:37 AM - edited 12-03-2016 11:39 AM
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums again. :) Good day!:) How are you doing? :) I read and reviewed your response. I understand that you have keyboard and touchpad issues. I am delighted to assist you with that. :)
Stupendous effort on diagnosing the issue correctly. It is always a privilege to work with customers that have superlative technical skills. :) Kudos to you for that. :)
First off, we need to diagnose correctly if the issue is hardware or software related.
Please perform a hard reset first. Link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768
Then please go to the recovery manager to check the keyboard and mouse. If it works there the issue could be software related. If not then it is a hardware issue with the unit.
Steps to go to recovery manager.
- After a hard reset power down the unit.
- Then please keep tapping the “ESC” key gently several times as soon as you power on the unit.
- It brings up the startup menu if the keyboard works.
- Here please press F11 to get into recovery manager. Please check if the touchpad works here with the mouse disconnected.
- If it works great, the issue could be software related.
- Also, try the keyboard in the command prompt.
- To do this please select troubleshooting>advanced options>command prompt and type all the keyboard characters to check if they print correctly. The command prompt window is a black window.
- If everything works fine, then please try to perform a system restore to an earlier time before the issue occurred. Link for system restore: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545 “ select the option “Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally”
- If this does not work please back up all your files and perform a complete system recovery to factory settings from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545 Select the option “Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly”
Some links that could be helpful.
Link for keyboard issues: http://www.support.hp.com/in-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/8499326/model/9329831/document/c037...
Link for touchpad issues: http://www.support.hp.com/in-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/8499326/model/9329831/document/c046...
If nothing works, please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced. Link: http://hp.com/contacthp If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should cover repairs on the unit.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.:)
I am an HP Employee