cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mythical Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard issues HP Split x2

Split x2

My laptop is having issues working the keyboard. The keyboard itself won't let me type anything, but the touchpad and mouse and any other USB device works fine. The lights showing when I'm on WiFi and when caps lock is on still light up, but I have to use the on-screen keyboard to type. I've tried uninstalling the keyboard and all of the updates and reinstalling it to see if that would change anything but it didn't. I've also tried connecting my sister's tablet into the keyboard and it works just fine. She has the same kind of laptop as me. I've tried connecting her keyboard to my tabley and it still didn't work. I'm also upgraded to Windows 10 if that helps figure out the problem. Any advice or help I could get?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 713 1904
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard issues HP Split x2

Hi @Mythical,

Welcome to the HP Forums! :generic: 

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!  For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

Learn How to Post and More

What specific model of HP Split x2 do you have?

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that after upgrading to Windows 10 the keyboard is not responding, but the TouchPad, mouse and onscreen keyboard work fine.  Is the mouse an external one?  Was the keyboard responding before the update?  Have you run the HP Support Assistant? Have you done all your Windows updates? Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?  Does the keyboard work in safe mode?

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation