cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ABiscuit8 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard malfunction

HP Pavilion 14-c001sa Chromebo
Chrome OS

Hi,

My keyboard is malfunctioning. Sometimes it's just the numbers but other times it is the whole keyboard. I can't log on or use it at all.  Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this? I have attempted a hard re-start and refresh but with no success. The chromebook is out of warrenty.

Many Thanks,

Alice

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18654 18600 1536 2584
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard malfunction

@ABiscuit8 Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the keyboard is malfunctioning on the Chromebook, however, nothing to worry about as I have a few steps that will help you out,

For starters I recommend you check a similar post that seems to have helped others: Click here

Reset a notebook with a sealed or non-removable battery:

To perform a hard reset on a computer with a sealed or non-removable battery, use the following steps:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

If the above didn't resolve the issue completely, here's the last resort: - Powerwash: Performing a Factory Reset on Your HP Chromebook

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation