cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kayyy Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard problems

Hp Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
HELP PLEASE!!!. So I've been using my x360 for almost a year now. Woke the machine up and I couldn't type in my password. Thought it was a wake up problem so I restarted the laptop yet no change. Because I couldn't log in I installed Windows again and the problem persisted. Though I could log in freely now, I tried my on-screen keyboard and that was not also working. Tried with an external keyboard and it's not working too. Went to bios to test the keyboard over there and it was not working. I upgraded and downgraded BIOS, I opened the laptop and reset the BIOS by taking out the battery. Interestingly in BIOS when I'm testing the keyboard, it signals I'm pressing on the characters but there is no output by the laptop. I'm at a crossroad here. Don't have reliable hp service centres here and I'm hoping to get help as Im a student and I really need my laptop to be working again.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard problems

Hi @Kayyy,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! 

I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre 360 Notebook and issues with the Keyboard not working correctly. Change the layout using this document as this might be the issue. Restart when complete and test.

If this does not help try this document on troubleshooting the Keyboard. You might want to look at the section marked pressing keys does nothing to uninstall the Keyboard.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation