Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Influx209 Tutor
Tutor
16 13 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard stops working after several days of inaction

ProBook G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a G2 with top row keys on the keyboard not working. Letters: qweruiop are unresponsive but the rest of the keyboard works. So I replaced the keyboard thinking it had gone bad with a new keyboard and installed it. It worked for a while but after several days of not using the laptop, I booted the laptop and noticed the top row keys are non-responsive again. I re-installed the old keyboard and it works as well. But if the laptop sits around for a few days not being used, the keyboard will malfunction where the top row keys become unresponsive. This tells me that the keyboard was not the issue after all since both the new and old keyboard are behaving the same way.   

I re-installed the OS and the problem persists. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Influx209 Tutor
Tutor
16 13 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The next day, I turned on the laptop and again the top row keys are unresponsive. I remove the keyboard and re-connect it and all the keys work again.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Influx209 Tutor
Tutor
16 13 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will the real HP tech, please stand up.

0 Kudos
Influx209 Tutor
Tutor
16 13 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bump.

0 Kudos
Influx209 Tutor
Tutor
16 13 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bumperoni.

0 Kudos
Influx209 Tutor
Tutor
16 13 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bump.

0 Kudos
Influx209 Tutor
Tutor
16 13 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bump

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation