Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
vf04bes Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keys are not working

HP Pavilon 15-n097sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Certain keys are not working. e.g T Y (all numeric key pad & number lock) [ ] Ctrl f3 f6
I have tried re installing drivers, and this did not solve problem. I ran the extensive hard drive check and everything passed. There is physically nothing wrong with the keys. When doing the component test, and checking if the numeric pad was working, 7, 8 & 9 made the arrow keys work instead of the numbers. Please help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 919
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keys are not working

Thanks for the post @vf04bes,

I see you are facing issue with some keys not working correctly. I would like to help. 

Kudos to you for running a component test and reinstalling the drivers.

Recommend you to try the steps mentioned in this article HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting

Also, refer to HP PCs - Numeric Keypad Does Not Work and run HP Support Assistant to run diagnostics.

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation