Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14 am009no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Jus opened the package to install the computer for my wife. I can't change in the installation the language from Danish to Finnish. I pressed in the begin accidentally one button which says danish and after that there was no way back and everything is in Danish. This is really stupid that everything is locked backwards. I tried immediately every trick to reboot, removed battery etc. but this little devil is stuck to danish. What can I do?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @jaibs

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

You can reset the PC to factory default condition and re-setup it again afterwards. This way you will erase everything and start from scratch.

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button - press and hold the power on button for several settings until PC is off

2. Power it back on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap), start before any logo appears (tap-tap...)

This should open a HP Startup Menu

3. Choose  F11 for System Recovery options.

The computer should boot from it's recovery partition to open you various recovery options.

4. Proceed with Troubleshoot , then select either "Recovery Manager" or "Reset this PC" - whatever is available on your model.

Here are detailed instructions >> http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=HPSystemRecovery.net&as=true&section=ccweb&SFS=tdoc&language...

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I was able to go to options after F11 but the list was not including Recovery manager (and it still speaks danish). Could I actually change just the language from System Recovery options?

boot picture.jpg

HP Recommended

I called to Technical Support and got help further, so I think I can proceed now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.